This program is a unique, one of a kind! Participants, will be working on learning the skills needed to make products and then prepare them for selling. Participants will be making dog related items such as dog shirts, bandannas, and bows, and selling the final products at a craft fair with the instructor. Participants will work on the following skills:
- Cut and weed vinyl using a Cricut Explore Air 2 and small weeding tools
- Heat-press dog shirts and bandannas using a Cricut Easy Press 2
- Assemble and hot glue dog bows
- Organize, sort, and tag items for sale
- Follow detailed task directions
- Utilize check lists
- Increase vocabulary related to job tasks
- Increase focus, patience, and stamina
- Greet customers
- Exchange money during a sale
The workshop will take place every Thursday evening for 2 hours, 5:30-7:30. The final meeting date will take place at a Craft Fair in which participants will spend 2-3 hours selling the program's final products. Craft fair date to be announced, but will take place on one weekend date during the second half of August. This program is open to young adults ages 18-29. $295
Participants MUST have good fine motor skills! Participants must be able to wait patiently, have independent hygiene skills, communicate needs and wants, accept feedback, remain calm at all times with hands to self, take direction, and tolerate making mistakes.
The Pre-vocational program is being taught by a highly experienced, NYS Certified Special Education Teacher that specializes in teaching vocational skills to teens and young adults and a Certified Special Education Teacher Assistant.
This program is open to the public. Anyone may register!